Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Texas Book Festival Featured Author: Ron Rozelle, author of My Boys and Girls Are in There: The 1937 New London School Explosion



Ron Rozelle is a member of the Texas Institute of Letters and author of several previous books including Into That Good Night, A Place Apart, Sundays with Ron Rozelle, Touching Winter, and The Windows of Heaven. He currently resides in Lake Jackson, Texas.



TAMUP: What or who inspired you to write your book?


 

 RR: I became interested in the New London school explosion because I had heard about it all my life. My hometown of Oakwood is just 80 miles away. My father, who was the school superintendent in Oakwood, went there to help the night of the disaster.



TAMUP: What are you looking forward to most about being one of the 200+ authors featured at the Texas Book Festival?

 

RR: I really look forward to meeting readers face to face at the Book Festival; this is my third one, and, of course, to seeing old friends and meeting other authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment